Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 2: Social Networking

Social Networking sites and the concept itself are things that intrigue me. I have had a profile on Facebook for some time and love it. The things that I enjoy are some of the games (although I spend way too much time on them) and connecting with people. I have lived in several cities and states throughout my life and Facebook has allowed me to connect with friends that I left behind when I moved. Over Christmas I was able to spend time with a friend that I had not seen in over 20 years. It was fun. I am in contact with another college friend that started her PhD work the same time that I did and so we have been able to provide each other support. I also use the site to keep up with my teenager and tween and their friends. I think that I will continue to use Facebook to connect with people and to also relax / be entertained.

Our library has a Facebook page and we use it to let students and faculty know what is happening in the library. Our students are wired and we need to be a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terri. I like Facebook too. I like having my friends, from different points in my life, in one place.

    Rebecca Brown
    23 Things Mentor

    ReplyDelete