Thursday, February 20, 2014

Annual Physical

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for my annual physical.  She and her nurses were amazed when they entered in my weight.  "You're 50 pounds lighter than last year", they said.  It felt good.  Tonight while I was working at the library, a little girl, who comes in with her mom asked me if I was smaller and had lost weight. I told her yes, that I had lost almost as much as she weighs.  Both of those conversations felt pretty good.  Now to get down to business and get the other 50 off.  I will be interested to see what my test numbers look like and if I can make changes in my medications. 

Last night, I went to a Zumba class here at the university. One of the students that I work with in HPER teaches it.  I was definitely the oldest one there, but I can keep up for the most part.  The problem is I can't dance well and my hips don't move like theirs do.  Oh well, at least it is movement.

I haven't gone back to the induction phase with Atkin's, but I believe that I need to do that to get things going again.  I was noticing today that clothes that haven't fit me for years are now starting to get a little baggy.   A good sign!

A friend of mine wants to do the Nitty Gritty Dirt Dash.  It is on April 12th at Camp Alexander. That is prom, but if I go early enough, I should be okay.  It might be fun.  If I do that, I need to start doing more exercise and get in better shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment