Friday, January 10, 2014

Rebooting for the New Year - Getting off that plateau

Yesterday I decided that I needed to reboot for the new year and start over.  So I moved back to the induction phase again to see if I can get off this plateau.  The good news is that I maintained through the stress and eating of the holidays.  But I have been stuck in this same place for about a month.  When I started this journey I weighed about 272 pounds.  This is probably the first time I have publicly announced what I weigh. Since I carry weight well on my body, I have a feeling that no one would believe that I began at that point.  For the past couple of months, I have been stuck at 229-232 pounds.  That is a weight loss of over 40 pounds, but I still have about 70 more to go.  I am fitting into clothes that I haven't worn for a while. 


But, I need to do something drastic to get moving again.  I am going to try the induction phase for a couple of weeks to see if that works.  If not, then I will try something different.  I have decided that I have made this commitment and I plan to see it through.  Exercise is the other area where I can beef things up.  Since the weather has turned colder, I have not been as consistent as in the nicer weather.  But this week, I have tried harder.  Monday and Wednesday found me back at the yoga class, which involves stretching and moving.  Tuesday night, I did some strength exercises with weights and resistance bands at home.  This morning, I managed to drag my butt out of bed to work out on the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes.  Later today, I want to do some core stuff.

So keep tuned!   

No comments:

Post a Comment