Thursday, June 27, 2013

Exercise and A New Plan for Eating

Exercise has always been my problem, or maybe since kids and work have gotten in the way.  I am proud of myself because I am really making an effort this time.  Yes, I didn't get up today to go walk like I said that I would, but I am trying to find ways to put at 30 minutes a day into exercising.  Yesterday I went to the pool to swim laps.  I probably overdid it because I woke up at 3 am and my whole body hurt.  But that is the pain of working hard.  It didn't seem that hard when I was swimming because I love to swim.  Tonight we have tickets for the theatre at 7:30, but I might try to get a swim in early, maybe around 6.  Otherwise I need to find a way to exercise sometime today, even if it is just 30 minutes of walking or the wii. 

Eating meat and vegetables without carbs has been relatively easy for me.  Although I can live without all of the eggs and meat.  I have been reading a book by Joel Fuhrman about switching to a vegetarian lifestyle.  I am considering it.  I think that the weight might come off faster by making the switch.  The lifestyle change is focusing on fruits and vegetables.  I will see about it when I finish the book.  But it sounds like something that I could live with and do.  I just want to get the weight off and looking at losing more than 100 pounds seems daunting.  When I got on the scale the other day, I am close to 20 pounds down, but I have been doing this for about 3 months too.  I had hoped to be down more pounds by now. 

The other day I went to have a pedicure done.  Amber mentioned that she could see that I have lost weight or at least shifted some of it.  It was good to hear, because I don't feel that it looks or feels like I have lost anything.  That is probably the most frustrating, the speed of the weight loss and the feeling that I am not getting anywhere.  But I will keep going.  Right now I have good momentum and I need to just keep moving forward.  Setting small goals for myself might be useful.  Something small for me to attain and keep going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment